Modified: 15th November, 2022
Teleste is committed to protecting your privacy, and processing personal data responsibly, in compliance with all applicable personal data legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”).
We may issue supplementary privacy notices. For example, we have separate data-specific privacy notices concerning visitor data, shareholder and insider register data, job applicants and recruitment data, and data collected via our whistleblower communication channel.
The data controller is:
Business ID 1102267-8
Telestenkatu 1 (visiting address)
PO Box 323
FI-20101, Turku, Finland
Tel: +358 2 2605 611
In some cases, an affiliate of Teleste Corporation (with which you have a direct business relationship) may be the data controller, or we may be joint controllers with that affiliate.
See here for contact details of Teleste affiliates.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal data that we are storing;
- request correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we are storing;
- request that we delete your personal data (“right to be forgotten”);
- request restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- object to further processing of your personal data;
- request the transfer of your personal data to another controller,
- withdraw your consent to data processing at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
COLLECTED DATA AND SOURCES OF INFORMATION
When visiting Teleste www pages, certain technical and other information is automatically sent by your computer to the server of our website. (This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file). The following information is collected without any action from you and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer;
- date and time of access;
- name and URL of the file accessed;
- website from which the access was made (referrer URL);
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
Data provided by you
In interactions with us (for example, if you inquire about our products and services, open an account, subscribe to our newsletter or request marketing communications, place an order, attend a Teleste conference or other event), we collect personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number, country / region and the company you represent, products or services of interest or ordered, and other possible information relevant for the business relationship.
Data collected from third-party sources
In accordance with applicable laws, we receive personal data from third-party sources, for example publicly available databases (e.g., LinkedIn), public registers and other reliable external sources. We take steps to verify or confirm that the third party has authority to provide personal data to us.
We process personal data:
- to reply to your inquiries, messages or instructions,
- to develop and improve our products and services,
- to provide marketing or other promotional information,
- for customer, supplier and partner relationship management purposes,
- to resolve claims,
- for protecting confidential information and for security purposes,
- to engage in transactions and fulfill contractual obligations, and to process orders and payments,
- to comply with applicable laws (e.g., regarding archiving, insurance, audits).
We process website data to evaluate system security and stability, develop the site and ensure that the website is functioning property, and to collect statistics related to Teleste www pages.
LEGAL BASES OF PROCESSING
The legal bases for processing personal data:
- your consent (for example, with regard to using website cookies, or if you sign up to receive a newsletter or marketing communications);
- performance of a contract between you and Teleste;
- compliance with legal obligations (for example, to resolve a dispute, enforce a contract or our general terms, or to satisfy record-keeping obligations), and
- on the basis of our legitimate interests to pursue the purposes described above.
STORAGE OF DATA
We store personal data only for the duration necessary for the defined purposes, e.g. for as long as it is necessary for Teleste to render a service you have requested or to which you have given your consent, unless we have an obligation under applicable legislation to retain the data for a longer period.
The data gathered may include things such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) name, entry and exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This data may be used e.g. to analyze trends, administer Teleste www pages, track a user’s movement on Teleste www pages, and to gather demographic information for statistical use. Unless allowed under applicable law, no data gathered enables Teleste to personally identify you.
Access to Teleste www pages may be also logged by or for Teleste for the purpose of security analysis reports and to defend against cyber-attacks. No individual can be identified from the collected information and no attempts will be made by Teleste to find out the identity of those visiting Teleste www pages, with the exception of the IP address.
For more information, see our Cookie Declaration.
Teleste does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Due to technical and practical requirements of processing, some personal data may be located at servers of Teleste’s subcontractors or processed by Teleste’s subcontractors. Teleste may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns, and other related Teleste www pages information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no personal data.
However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple companies in various countries, Teleste has international sites and may use resources located throughout the world. Teleste may from time to time also use third parties to act on Teleste’s behalf. To the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Teleste group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Teleste’s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Teleste with your personal data, provided that such countries have adequate data protection level, or provided that Teleste provides appropriate safeguards and that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available.
Teleste follows the principles set out in the GDPR and other applicable personal data legislation regarding transfers of personal data. Teleste may use e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission to enable adequate protection.
CONTACTS FOR DATA PROTECTION MATTERS
COMPLAINT TO THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you wish to lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal data, you can contact the relevant data protection supervisory authority in your country. In Finland, it’s the Data Protection Ombudsman, https://www.tietosuoja.fi/en/.
Copyright © Teleste Corporation 2022. All rights reserved.