Teleste ICON9000 is Intelligent Connected 1.2 GHz Optical Node maximizing network uptime and performance. It comes with full remote management and automated features reducing operational expenditures.
ICON9000 Remote PHY Ready Node
- Visibility over the entire frequency domain via transponder
- Automatic alignment for ensuring optimal amplifier settings
- Power save (saWe) technology allows cutting down power consumption by 30%
- Remote Ingress Switching (RIS) isolate network upstream problems, especially ingress and CPD that enter a network via loose connections
- Wireless configuration can be done via BT connection through Android-based mobile devices
- Housing is able to host a Remote-PHY module
Teleste ICON9000 is a 24/7 probe in your network and managed remotely through an optional transponder (bidirectional communication), remotely over Remote Ingress Switching (RIS) protocol (unidirectional downstream link) or locally through a USB port. The downstream spectrum and upstream quality measurements are performed by the transponder, which can also generate return path pilot signals.
The intelligent node can be run even by non-CATV technicians, who can simply push a button and wait until the node aligns itself. Many of the features are enabled by electrical controls that replace traditional plug-in modules. The electrical controls eliminate logistic hassles caused by wrong plug-in modules and maintain ideal performance even when the outdoor temperature changes.
Highest Level of Network Quality
An automatic gain control (AGC) and optical level control (OLC) keep output levels constant and downstream/upstream alignments precise. The node includes also ingress switches in every RF port and assists in locating and isolating ingress sources in the network.
Housing is able to host a Remote-PHY module
Operators who have selected RPDready products secure their investments. All these products can host a Remote-PHY module in the future. This feature allows operators to start with traditional centralized DOCSIS architectures and move to distributed access architectures when ultra-high broadband speeds are required.
ICON™ and ICON9™ platform are trademarks of Teleste Corporation.